Adire Africa Textiles: Exceptional variety of collector quality African textiles, including Adire, Adinkra, Bogolan, Aso Oke, Ewe, Kente, Kuba and Nigerian cloths. Site also includes extensive information about the textiles including how they are manufactured, historic uses, and meanings of various symbols and patterns.
Africa Imports: African fabrics
African Imports: Scroll down left side of page to Fabrics
African Fabric Shop African fabrics
African Headwraps : From Africa Imports offer a wide assortment. Each measures 11 x 70.
– Also provide Instructions for How to Put on a Head Wrap
Afritex: Wide variety of African fabrics wholesale.
A Piece in Time : African fabrics
Authentic African Imports Minimum purchase is 3-yards
Craft Connection: African fabrics, among others
Cultural Treazures: African fabrics
Cultured Expressions African Mosaic Quilt kit; 50-Pack of African Print Squares; African Print Fat Quarters; and Mudcloth
eQuilter.com: Carries a variety of "ethnic styled" fabrics including Aboriginal, African and Hawaiian.
Ethnic Quilts and Fabrics: African fabrics; Machine quilting services
Expressions of Afrika: African Fabrics
- Hand-Dyed Ethnic Fabric : These are 100% hand-dyed cotton fabrics in flesh-tone colors (Asian, Hispanic, African, Native American and Caucasian). I have bought these and it provides a good color-range, but I think some of the ones designated as Native American have too much of a "reddish" tint.
- Recipes for Flesh-Dyeing Fabrics: From Doll Street. Font used makes it hard to read. Do a CTRL-A to highlight the entire page, then CTRL-C to copy, and CTRL-V in WORD (I don’t know to do this in WordPerfect) and change the font to suit yourself. Has a number of different "recipes" including one from Kianga Hanif, one of the foremost African-American Doll artists (next to the last one on the page).
- TextileArt: This site is in process of creating a range of flesh-tone fabrics. Target date for availability is early December, 2002.
- UniqueSpool: Has a good range of colors
- WeirDolls: Has three colors (light tan, medium brown and chocolate) in cotton interlock (knit) fabric.
French Connections – good selection of African fabrics – $6 / yard
Gaylane Imports: Wide variety of African fabrics ranging from $7.95 – $12.95 /yd.
Glenkaren Company: Small variety of African fabrics
Glorious Fabrics: Good selection of Japanese Indigo fabrics. Will soon offer Yukata and Kimono fabrics as well.
International Fabric Collection: Source for a variety of African, Japanese, Australian and other fabrics.
Katie’s Vintage Kimono: 7"x14" to 14"x28" pieces of vintage kimonos are offered.
Kimkat Kimono Vintage Textiles: – Wide selection
Kyoto Kimono: Vintage Japanese Kimonos, Obis and fabrics.
Mamas Kitchen Rules: 7 Embroidered African-American quilt block designs
Material Possessions Quilt Shop – (good selection of African fabrics – $6.50 / yard)
Mi-Mu Club: Broad selection of Japanese fabrics and Sashiko supplies.
Mona’s Ethnic Fabric: Beautiful African fabrics including Kente cloth, cotton prints, linens and rayons
Priscilla Bianchi : Guatemalan fabrics
Quilted Fox: African fabrics
Quilter’s Express Japanese Fabric Club: Subscribers receive 2-3 yards of Japanese fabric per month. Fabric is arranged in groups, or "stories" that work together. A "story" could be about color (e.g., blues); it could be about an image (e.g., big florals); it could be fabrics grouped together by production method or technique (e.g., Yukata, indigo).
Nichi Bei: Specialize in coton and yukata fabrics with traditional and contemporary designs. Images clickable for exceptional close-up views.
RLBOONE : Publishes sewing guides: "Sewing with Mudcloth" and "Sewing with Fancy Prints." Guides give all the tips, tricks & techniques for sewing modern contemporary clothing out of popular African fabrics (mud cloth and African prints). Guides profiles in Vogue (Nov/Dec’98) and Butterick (Winter ’98) other: Sewing Guides.
P.O. Box 3276
Falls Church, VA 22043
Salsa Fabrics: Fabrics from Guatemala and Indonesia
Sanshi: An Australian shop that carries a range of vintage and new Japanese fabrics.
SewFabulous A range of African fabrics and "African life" inspired quilting patterns are offered. Also offer hand and machine quilting services.
Spinning Star Fabrics : African fabrics
St. Theresa’s Textiles – Extensive selection of African fabrics
The Sewing Bird : Small variety of African fabrics
Unique Spool: Offers a selection of mud cloth, African and animal skin print fabrics as well as Australian and Pacific Rim fabrics.